GEM Clinic Wellness Drip
A growing trend in the West, wellness drips allows for patients to get as much vitamins and nutrients in a single treatment. Dubbed as “Vitamin IV”, wellness drip is a “cocktail” of nutrients put together in a saline solution and is administered to patients via intravenous means.
GEM Clinic’s Wellness Drip is a signature combination of nutrients that is essential for optimal health and unprecedented healthy skin.
- Glutathione does more than simply fight free radicals on its own. This antioxidant also has the ability to regenerate other antioxidants, such as vitamins C and E. After these antioxidants neutralize free radicals, they become unstable free radicals themselves.
- Glutathione helps recycle these unstable molecules, returning them to active duty. Glutathione supports the function of your liver, kidneys and gastrointestinal track—your body’s major detoxification pathways.
- Glutathione helps in two main ways: (1) it helps eliminate toxins and ingested chemicals that the body has already absorbed;* (2) it intercepts and neutralizes toxins in the GI tract before they are even absorbed.*
- Glutathione helps fortify your immune system in two important ways. First and foremost, it plays a central role in the proper function of white blood cells, including T cell lymphocytes—the frontline soldiers of the immune system.* Second, there is evidence that glutathione stimulates the natural killing ability of immune cells.*UV rays penetrate deeply in to the dermis and can cause premature skin aging by damaging the collagen fibres.
- Glutathione is a powerful antioxidant that protects the collagen fibres from free radical damage to protect the elasticity of the skin that protects the collagen fibers and elasticity of the skin from free radical damage. Exposure to UVB increases the number of melanocytes which leads to hyperpigmentation that darkens the skin. It has been reported that glutathione reduces melanin production by suppressing the activity of tyrosinase and switching the eumelanin synthesis to pheomelanin synthesis.
- Vitamin C is important for the growth and repair of tissues in all parts of our body. It helps the body to produce collagen, an important protein used to maintain skin elasticity, cartilage, tendons, ligaments, and blood vessels. Vitamin C is needed for healing wounds, and for repairing and maintaining bones and teeth.
- It helps in boosting immune system function and reducing effects of sun exposure by suppressing pigmentation thus helps in skin whitening & scar healing.
- Lipoic acid is an unusual antioxidant because it is active in both water-soluble and fat-soluble domains in cells and tissues. It is easily absorbed and transported into many organs and systems within the body, such as the brain, liver, and nerves.
- Lipoic acid helps amplify the positive effects of other important antioxidants in the body such as glutathione and coenzyme Q10—two essential compounds in that prevents aging and disease.